While your dog can’t eat chocolate you can let them eat carob!Jump to Recipe
These mini, bite sized ‘chocolate’ chip cookies are made with carob which is actually a legume. Carob has a naturally sweet and nutty flavor and is packed with vitamins, fiber, iron, and other minerals. It has also been known to treat diarrhea in dogs by some owners.
This recipe is sure to be a hit with your pup and your family alike since the best part is you can also induldge!
Chocolish Chip Cookies For Dogs
- 1 Cup Flour (I used Potato Starch) Read my article on choosing flours
- ¾ Cup Water
- ⅓ Cub Carob Powder
- Mix the water, flour and carob powder together until it is not sticky and you can form small balls
- Form small balls and shape them into cookies
- Add the carob chips
- Bake at 35° for 25-30 minutes or until brown
- Remove from oven and allow to chill for 30-40 minutes
- Feed sparingly, one a day for large dogs ½ for smaller dogs