When life gives you cardboard tasting dog food, you make tasty dog treats!
One of my dogs has pancreatitis, so he is pretty limited on the types of treats that he can eat. He is currently eating prescription food that I jazz up with other things he can eat that won’t cause flare-ups.
However, he doesn’t always enjoy eating such a bland diet, so I’ll make him some treats out of his low-fat diet and he loves it!
Meh to Marvelous Dog Treats
- ⅔ Cup Dog Food
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- ½ Cup Cooked Rice
- ½ Cup Pumpkin
- ½ Cup frozen blended vegetables (optional)
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- Mix together the warm water and dog food, allow to sit until soft enough to blend
- Once soft, pour the dog food and any water in a mixer with an egg, ¼ cup of flour, pumpkin, rice, and vegetables if you decided to include them
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shape
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until browned
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before feeding